‘Let us balance your brights with my darks,
And, my lights with your shadow;
So what, if we aren’t a match?
Let us be a beautiful contrast!’
Sometimes it’s only about misplacing your mains; like having some very right expectations from the wrong people. If you figure out it as sun, do not expect it to shine at night.
You know how a marigold can’t grow in a rose plant, right?! And us humans, sometimes we are like those marigolds, never going to appear, in someone’s rose plant!
But what’s saddening yet funny is that some of us wait on the Daffodils, all our life!
You are a secret
So difficult to hide;
You appear unapologetically
In my unconscious smile,
Without any subtlety
You just betide!
And when they stare at me
I catch you dancing there
On my lips!
So I send you back
To my core;
But incorrigible that you are
You sneak in my eyes now
And light it up with a sparkling shine;
And this time when they
You dab my cheeks
In red and pink!
With all the perks of crossing two decades and officially entering the adult world, ‘21’ is a gung-ho age! Yet, those who turn 21 do not necessarily feel the same way on their D-day. Some of them actually feel like only yesterday they were in cradle with a booger in their nosey and suddenly when they woke up today, BAM…21! They say these are the longest years of one’s life; sure, life is a devil racer!
SO, as today my bff turns 21 and I being 2 months senior to her in that matter, here I write her and all you lovely readers 7 of the many things that age ‘21’ brings with it!
(Yep, just two months into it and I have already gathered a few lessons: P)
Here’s to your turning 21, Kiddo!
- ‘21’ welcomes you. With a tiara. that reads “ADULT”.
Gone are the days when you can get away with,”Hey! Come on, I am just twenty!” The teen-feels that extend till 20 ruthlessly leave you as soon as ‘21’ embraces you!
- We grow up and that is conspicuous in our choices and decisions. Suddenly, News and movie-reviews interest us. Also, concerts and Stand-up acts become our thing!
- You start investing in experiences rather than materials. Unless, of course, Gucci announces Big Fat Flat Sale! 😀
- You come to accept yourself the way you are without seeking approval over not seeking approval! You become unapologetically you and that is probably the best thing about turning 21. Eventually, your ‘me-time’ becomes a priority, not just a choice!
- I am not really sure how beneficial is this change but it happens so that you at least begin to take relationships seriously!
- Also, you stop fighting against the inevitable, and accept your mistakes, draw-backs and regrets with grace; or at least you begin in that direction. Comparisons and expectations don’t pop-up so frequently!
- This is probably the last hyped-birthday ‘because now on birthdays will look more like some big digits photo-bombing the parties and celebrations defocused in the background! Now on, each number might look like a barometer of how much you have achieved and how much more you have got to! Sadly enough,’ eenie-meenie-weenie’ won’t make random decisions for you. It will feel like you have been left alone in an island, of which, you’ve only heard and read but to which never been before. And that is pretty much exactly what 21 is and extends to be. So, to be precise, Happy- Self Discovery!
P.S. – Happy Birthday. Have a scintillating year ahead! Stay awesome, stay you. 🙂
May we troll more and pull even more pranks than we do! 3:)
Lots of love!! ❤
P.P.S. – 21 or 71, I am going to be there for you. Always, all the way!
Now that you are gone,
I don’t know where I belong;
We have lived a fantasy,
We have been a rhapsody;
It is all but my wallow now
And I’ll live with them- each broken vow!
We have had the time of our lives
But now I see you strive
To move away far-
Farther than you already are!
Here, I set you free
Of our talking-spree,
The merriment and glee,
Of what I called ‘our-little-infinity’,
Yeah, now, you can just be!
We are no more us,
You ripped away our nexus
Into pieces of our memories and my pain,
From which your vanity will abstain.
You went away, and,
Took along with you, my rainbow;
Now I look into abyss of these passing morrows
To come in afresh someday, and,
Wipe off your traces- all gray!
Yet there’s no denying,
Oh yes, only, my heart melting,
Million times a day
Every time I say-
“Now that you are gone,
I don’t know where I belong!”
You, I had, in bits and parts;
But your loss, I bear, in its entirety!